4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Changing Public Folder Calendar Names - Auto Update User Calendar Tab?

We are using Outlook 2003 and 2007 with an Exchange 2010 server. We keep shared calendars in Public Folders. When I setup a new user, I go to each calendar in Public Folders, right click and select "Add to Favorites". Then when you go to the Calendars tab you will see those shared calendars in the Other Calendars group.

Well, they now want to rename all those calendars. In the past when I've added to one of those calendar names (but not changed it), that adjustments doesn't update on the Calendar tab. It stays just the way it was when I added it to their Public Folder Favorites. This is going to be a problem now that the entire calendar name is going to be changed.

It looks like it is updateing for those without cached mode turned on. Could the issue be related to the use of cached mode? Most of our users are setup that way.
    Last edited by ailios; 2011-03-08 at 13:42.
    Daisy

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Got it. Some of our cached mode users had old OAB files in their local/microsoft/outlook folder left over from the old mail server. Once I removed those their public folder calendar names updated on the Calendars tab.
    Daisy