5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Is DVD copy protected?

I want to make a copy a DVD of a high school play. I do not know if it is copy protected. I am trying to tell if the DVD copy failures I am getting are because of copy protection. I use Roxio Creator Basic v9, Copy Disc. Roxio copied the original to my hard drive, then proceeded to write the blank disk. It then went through a Verify stage and came up with an error message that said "one or more files did not compare to their originals...Try again". It also recommends that I shut down all other apps (I had Outlook open).
    Before I retry I would like to know if there is a simple way to determine if the original is copy protected.
    Thanks,
    HH

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd be pretty suprised if its copy protected. The message "one or more files did not compare to their originals...Try again" makes me think its more of a data integrity issue. I have seen lots of issues with cheap CDs and DVDs burned on today's faster drives. By default, most burn software will attempt to use the fastest possible burn speed. Try changing it to use a slower speed. As slow as it will allow you.
    Chuck

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Smile

You are correct. I repeated the copy at a slower speed and it worked fine. Thanks for your help.
    HH