4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Two PPT questions (master title in normal slides/change of icon on toolbar)

1: Is it possible to show & update the 'master slide title' content in the other normal slides? That is, whenever the master slide title changes, it is also reflected in the 'normal slides' ether in a specific text box or (I could use) the 'Footer' (as it is not being used at all in the presentation). For example (I have just added fixed textbox to show how it should look):

2: I am creating a toolbar with a single button to invoke a macro defined in a .ppa. This all works fine. The question is, how can I change the image used for the toolbar button? I initially used the 'pig' for my button but now needs to be something more appropriate.

Thanks.

Robie
    Thanks.
    Robie

Thanks
    1) if you add a text box to the master slide, then all slides using the master should show the text box and contents.
    2) What version of ppt. I assume from your screen shot that it is pre 2007
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGenii View Post
    1) if you add a text box to the master slide, then all slides using the master should show the text box and contents.
    2) What version of ppt. I assume from your screen shot that it is pre 2007
    Thanks WebGenii.

1. Adding textbox to master slide will show text boxes. Agree except that the user must enter the 'Master Slide' title twice in the presentation (once on the title slide then on the normal slides). But, since there is no other way of taking the contents of the 'master title', I guess the user will have to live with it. Another option I thought of is that the user is presented (on a new presentation create) with a box to enter the title (which would be added to the master title and also to the 'textbox' in the normal slides).

2. I am using PP2003. Although, I will have to create templates for 2007/2010 also.
    Thanks.
    Robie

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I guess you got the pig using
    .FaceId = 52

To get other images you need to change the ID number. There are several free AddIns to browse the available IDs
    http://skp.mvps.org/faceid.htm is one I use.