Thread: Links

Thanks

Links

Hello!

The following probably happens all of the time, but tonight I noticed that when I click on a link in a post here, a long " jarfile///C:/Users...." address very briefly appears in my browser window and is then replaced with the link address, resulting in the link page opening, of course. I believe that jarfile has something to do with Java Script. I assume that this is normal, although I haven't checked it out on other sites yet. I tried several different links and the resulting jarfile address is exactly the same each time. It happens so fast that I had to do a video screen capture and then pause it during playback to actually read it. Curious; is this normal?

Thanks,
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dell Inspiron 530 Intel Pentium E2180 dual core @2.00 GHz 4GB Ram Win7 64 bit

Thanks
    A .jar file in the extensions folder is a code file for one of your add-ons. Judging by the file name, perhaps the Freecorder toolbar is somehow getting excited about the way links work in the Lounge??

Thanks
    Looks like you're right, jscher. I tested this out on another vBulletin forum, a phpBB forum, and a Typepad blog; same result at all of them. On other sites like "How To Geek" it didn't happen. I guess it's not harmful. I don't like the Freecorder toolbar, but need it to use the Freecorder app, which I use a lot. Thanks for replying!

John
    Dell Inspiron 530 Intel Pentium E2180 dual core @2.00 GHz 4GB Ram Win7 64 bit