New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Cookies are enabled but

I'm not sure if this belongs in the Windows 7 forum, but since I'm having the same problem with every browser that I've tried, I'll start here. I have Win 7 Pro 64 bit on my desktop. Yesterday, I wanted to purchase the Windows 7 SP1 DVD since for some reason, I can't get the update to download via Windows Update. I went to the Microsoft site and received the following: "In order to use this site, you must have Cookies Enabled on your browser." However, Cookies were enabled using the medium setting in Internet Explorer to accept site cookies but prompt for third party ones. I then tried switching to the low setting and accept all cookies. I got the same message. In addition to using IE 9.0 I also tried using Maxthon versions 2 & 3, iRider, Chrome, and Firefox browsers. All these other brower versions are up to date. I got the same message from every browser that I tried. No matter what cookie setting I used, I still got the same error message. I also tried deleting cookies and then rebooting my machine, but to no avail. Does anyone have any idea why I keep getting this message even though cookies are enabled?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If your using IE9, press F-12, when browser is active, click on File, then undo all.

Thanks
    As a side note, instead of using Windows Update, or buying the DVD, you can download the SP1 file from Microsoft.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not sure what pressing F-12 is supposed to do, but I still am getting the same error message after pressing it and then refreshing the page.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I knew I could download it from MS, but since I'm not in any hurry to install SP1, I decided not to use bandwidth to download it.