Lounger
    Thanks

how to uninstall OEM software

satrow

Thanks for the url. I will now progress it. I have an OEM laptop with lots of applications I cannot get rid off. One noxious example is Works where I did an uninstall but it still persists in the C drive.

Brian

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian-Martin View Post
    satrow

Thanks for the url. I will now progress it. I have an OEM laptop with lots of applications I cannot get rid off. One noxious example is Works where I did an uninstall but it still persists in the C drive.
    If you are having difficulties uninstalling software, you can use the free version of Revo Uninstaller.

I moved this to the Windows 7 forum. More members hang out there who might help.

Joe
    Last edited by JoeP517; 2011-03-11 at 16:19.

Thanks
    Another app that works well for OEM apps is PC Decrapifier. Check it out.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Manual removal
    All software is not the same when it comes to uninstalling and removing.
    The control panel's "programs and features" section will do the job just fine eight out of ten times, with a few caveats;
    Those applications that are resident in memory and or have an active service present should be disabled prior to whatever method is used.
    Root program folders should be located and removed manually when they are intentionally left behind, even with some 3rd party tools.
    A mild registry cleaning tool can and should be used after a more complex software application is removed.
    Complex software applications are those that have deep system hooks into core components of the operating system like many security applications/suits,
    firewalls, and many others. These require some degree of thought and planning prior to their removal, not to mention their installation in the first place.