New Lounger
    Thanks

Chrome browser messages about missing dlls

Nobody seems to be talking much about this problem but since the last version of Google Chrome 9, the current version 10, and Beta 11, whenever I click on a drop down panel on a webpage I keep receiving messages that nspr4.dll, plc4.dll, and mozcrt19.dll are missing.

I have tried copying these dll's from FF into Windows XP System 32 folder, and directly into the Chrome folders as other forums suggested, and the problem still prevails even after I uninstall, and reinstall these Chrome versions.

I became so disgusted that I stopped using Chrome, and started using FF again.

Is anyone aware of this issue, and why has it not been corrected by Google in the latest versions?

I like using Chrome because of speed and other conveniences but these messages are annoying.

I did scan my PC for malware using two scanners, and they came up clean.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    What are those DLLs? Are they plug-ins for media players or something similar? In that case, you might need to reinstall the plugins through Chrome so they stick their files in the correct locations.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried doing a fresh installation, and the missing dll messages appeared whenever I clicked on a drop down menu such as "pick your state" etc.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I really like using Chrome. My current version is 10.0.648.133. I will be updating after I type this message. I use Chrome in both Win XP and Win 7.

What OS are you using?

Which web sites (URL's) have the problem?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using XP SP3. It happens on any site that has a drop down selection menu using Chrome.

If I browse to the same sites using FF v3.6.15 or IE8, and select a drop down menu, I encounter no problems. This problem is specific to Chrome.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Does it happen if you select a state from this Verizon dropdown list ....
    Area Code Lookup ?

Are you using any extensions in Chrome?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It was on a website that had a similar drop down list. I used several extensions in chrome but as I stated earlier, there are other people who encountered this same problem per Google search, and the recommendation was to copy the dll's mentioned, or do a fresh install. I tried both, and had the same result, so I became disgusted and removed Chrome completely.

Something is not right.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Fyi,

I found on the Google help site that some people have also experienced this issue.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...a77d07a9&hl=en

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Are using RoboForm?

I didn't see a list of the missing DLLs in this thread. I had this issue as well. It turned out to be a RoboForm problem with 7.2.6, not a Chrome problem. It happened whenever I click on the arrow for a drop down box. The solution was to download version 7.2.7.0 from RoboForm. That took care of the issue for me.

Try that.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Missing dlls fix

I had a similar problem several times with a missing nspr4.dll. I found the following solution:

How To Use SFC /Scannow to Repair Protected Windows
    Operating System Files
    By Tim Fisher, About.com Guide

Free PC Support Newsletter!

Enter email address

Discuss in my forum

The sfc scannow option is one of several specific sw itches available in the sfc command, the Command Prompt command used to run System File
    Checker. Sfc /scannow is the most common w ay that the sfc command is used.

Sfc /scannow w ill inspect all of the important W indow s files on your computer, including Window s DLL files. If System File Checker finds an issue w ith any of these protected files, it w ill replace it.

Important: You must be logged in as a user w ith administrator rights in order to run the sfc /scannow command. Follow these steps for using sfc w ith the scannow option to repair important W indow s files:
    Difficulty: Easy

Time Required: Using sfc /scannow to repair important W indow s files usually takes 5 to 10 minutes.

Here's How:

1. Open Command Prompt.

Important: You must run Command Prompt as an administrator in Window s 7 and Window s Vista to use System File Checker.

2. Once Command Prompt is open, type the follow ing command and then press Enter.

sfc /scannow

Note: There's a space betw een sfc and /scannow.

3. System File Checker w ill now verify the integrity of every protected operating system file on your computer.

Note: In some situations, especially in Window s XP and W indow s 2000, you may also need access to your original W indow s installation CD or
    DVD.

4. Restart your computer if sfc /scannow did actually repair any files.

Note: System File Checker may or may not prompt you to restart but even if it doesn't, you should restart anyw ay.

5. Repeat w hatever process caused your original problem to see if sfc /scannow corrected the issue.