Thread: Boot order

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Boot order

The booting time for my system is about a minute and has been this way for a while. I have made sure that the only items that are needed are in the boot process. However recently Microsoft Essentials appears to be last to boot and it doesn't turn on till last. Is it possible to change that order? I did have Soluto doing the task of monitoring the boot but un installed it because I didn't think it was useful. Are there other ways of changing the order? TIA

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    See Startup Delayer. You can use this program to control boot order by setting delay times.

Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I tried the program but it wouldn't run. Seems to be an administrator problem. I took ownership of the program but to no avail.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Did you try finding the program using Windows Explorer and then right clicking on it and selecting "run as administrator"? Also, right click on the .exe, select Properties | Compatability (tab) | Change settings for all users (button at bottom). Then select "Run this program as administratro". OK your way out.

Joe