New Lounger
    Thanks

Red face MS Word (2003) Formfill

Does anyone know if a Word formfill document is raedable AND can be filled out by Open Office or any other FREE word processing software? I am a member of a large retirement community in Florida and we use several Form Fill documents that I have created in MS Word (Office 2003).

In addition, is it possible to place Form Fill documents on a web page so they can be either downloaded to fill out or possibly filled out online and printed (without effecting the original form fill document)?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Bob Duncan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bob77duncan View Post
    Does anyone know if a Word formfill document is raedable AND can be filled out by Open Office or any other FREE word processing software?
    I don't know, but it's free to test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by bob77duncan View Post
    In addition, is it possible to place Form Fill documents on a web page so they can be either downloaded to fill out or possibly filled out online and printed (without effecting the original form fill document)?
    When you link to a .doc file on a web page, the browser settings determine what happens. In some cases, the user will get the document opened in Word, and in other cases it might save to the hard drive. In some configurations of IE, it is possible that the document will display in an ActiveX control right in the browser. But in no case will the user be able to save over your original form on the server, unless you have liberalized the privileges on your web account...which I certainly do not recommend.