Star Lounger
    Thanks

quarantined microsoft.net

recently i installed superantispyware free in my win7 machine. it scanned my machine and quarantined a microsoft.net together with other tracking cookies.

my question:
    can i just leave it quarantined ? had been using the laptop for the past 2 days without problem. the free version of superantispyware only check tracking cookies anyway. so i suspect it quarantined a tracking cookie of MS.net.
    what is microsoft .net for anyway?
    thanks
    spec

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question SUPERAntiSpware

Hi : I have been using the FREE Ver of SUPERAntiSpyware for years and it looks for different kinds of malware in addition to adware/ tracking cookies . As to "microsoft.net", it would be helpful if you could copy, then paste the EXACT item from the "log" of SUPERAntiSpyware to make a more sure determination of WHAT the program actually did !?
    For the BEST in what counts in Life :

http://www.ctftoronto.com

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind View Post
    Hi : I have been using the FREE Ver of SUPERAntiSpyware for years and it looks for different kinds of malware in addition to adware/ tracking cookies . As to "microsoft.net", it would be helpful if you could copy, then paste the EXACT item from the "log" of SUPERAntiSpyware to make a more sure determination of WHAT the program actually did !?
    cannot find any word with 'LOG' so
    is the 'MANAGE QUARANTINE' button the one to go to the log page?
    i went there and under the dates was something called 'ADWARE.TRACKING COOKIE'. I click on that as well as press 'enter' on my keyboard. cannot open anything to see what's inside. this is the first time i used superantispyware in a win7 machine. not sure how it's to behave.
    since i cannot go in and read individual items, i cannot restore just MS.net only.
    thanks
    spec

Thanks
    If you clean up your temp internet files prior to running a scan with Super Antispyware it would most likely not find these items. Yes you can delete all quarantined cookies. Any item quarantined can be deleted after you have run your system for a while and the file quarantined has not caused a problem to crop up. It should be apparant resonably quickly if the quarantined item is a necessary file or garabage that can be deleted.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    it is the microsoft.net item i am not sure of. other cookies i know can be deleted.
    thanks
    spec

Thanks
    I don't use this software, so I'm not sure whether you are seeing a cookie for the domain microsoft.net, or whether you are seeing a program component created using .Net technology. The latter may be a kind of plug-in or browser add-on. Before restoring or deleting it, it would be useful to know more about it.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Smile "microsoft.net"

Hi Dark : To reach the "logs" section of SUPERAntiSpyware, I recommend you click "Preferences"on its main screen, then click "Statistics/Logs" along the top menu bar . Hopefully, you can take it from there !?
    For the BEST in what counts in Life :

http://www.ctftoronto.com

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    here's the MS.NET cookie:
    .microsoftsto.112.2o7.net [
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Pro files\iq2unf9x.default\cookies.sqlite
    ]

should i delete it?

sorry for late reply, internet problem.
    thanks
    spec

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dark spec View Post
    here's the MS.NET cookie:
    .microsoftsto.112.2o7.net [
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Pro files\iq2unf9x.default\cookies.sqlite
    ]
    To avoid damage to the database file, I would not remove Firefox cookies with third party security software. Instead, if it bothers you, you could use the Firefox "Show Cookies" dialog. Tools > Options > Privacy > Show Cookies, type micro in the search box. Should be self-explanatory from there.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    think i will restore it. have to figure out how to do it. can't seem to open the manage quarantine file to go to individual cookies to do restore.

thanks a lot for all your advice and info.
    spec

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dark spec View Post
    think i will restore it. have to figure out how to do it. can't seem to open the manage quarantine file to go to individual cookies to do restore.
    At this point, I wouldn't worry about it. Next time you visit that domain, you'll get a new cookie automatically.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    i see, in that case can leave it there.
    thank you
    spec