Star Lounger
    Thanks

Comparison of Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Pegasus and others

Hello

I want to send many e-mails and after trying trial versions of mass mailer software y see that I only need standard software like Outlook Express, Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Pegasus or others.

I must send only 2400 e-mails every few weeks. The problem is that my ISP only allows 200 every hour. So I select 200 clients, send 200 e-mails, wait an hour and then another 200 and so on.

I want to know if it possible to automate this job in some of the software that I have mentioned above?
    Also if I can import an html design.

By the way: which is in your opinion the best e-mail client.

I use Windows XP SP3

Many thanks

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by didadocom View Post
    Hello

I want to send many e-mails and after trying trial versions of mass mailer software y see that I only need standard software like Outlook Express, Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Pegasus or others.

I must send only 2400 e-mails every few weeks. The problem is that my ISP only allows 200 every hour. So I select 200 clients, send 200 e-mails, wait an hour and then another 200 and so on.

I want to know if it possible to automate this job in some of the software that I have mentioned above?
    Also if I can import an html design.

By the way: which is in your opinion the best e-mail client.

I use Windows XP SP3

Many thanks
    Hi, I don't know if its possibe to send so many all at once, I have not even sent 2 at the same time. My email of choice is gmail, it can be accessed on any PC and you never lose emails till you delete them.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If the email addresses you send to remain the same, you can create distro groups in Thunderbird of 200 names each. If the email addresses change a lot for each mailing, then you have a big problem of editing the distros (& you probably need list server software). As far as scheduling the sends, there is a TB extension named "Send Later 3" that supposed to let you set a schedule for sending your emails. I don't use it so can't comment on its effectiveness. One feature of TB that I use all the time is "Edit as new." It allows you to edit sent email as if you were sending it for the first time, so if the body doesn't change, but the To: does, then you just change the recipient & send.