New Lounger
    Thanks

SP1 install error 80073701

Hi and let me say in the beginning - I have tried ALL. Followed religiously all advise from Microsoft and others, tried to download SP1 and install from my drive, Windows Update, last time about 15 mins. ago and result is not even as "good" as someone on this forum achived i.e. restart after 70%. I just get the message - Failed. I run desktop with only MSE on - tried on and off, have plenty of space on hd, 8 Gb RAM, windows 64 hope premium. Nothing, nada, zip. Always the same message - error code 80073701.
    Any more ideas how to do it?
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

Wink And saga coninues...

Quote Originally Posted by tedshemyers View Post
    Perhaps rmonroe36 can explain his slipstream method and you will have to do so as well. You must have some kind of hardware or hardware/software interaction thing going on. It sounds like you tried all the obvious things. I guess I can't relate because mine upgraded so easily, both SP1 and IE 9 RTM.
    Hi, I am really sorry to sound fed up and ungrateful but if my only choice is to reinstall Windows 7 and start from the beginning in hope that after - SP1 will install - I'd rather keep my computer without for a time being. I had enough of constant reinstalling XP when it crashed without any good reason. And all "good" advise from Microsoft goes nowhere. And what the heck is error 80073701??? On Microsoft list of errors it doesn't exist? Have I found new disease?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    I split these into a thread of their own. It just gets too messy trying to follow multiple questions in one thread.

Have your checked any of the threads at this Technet search - Windows 7 sp1 install error 80073701?

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks