3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Exclude hardware from "Safely Remove Hardware"

I think the titles fairly self explanatory. I have some hardware on my computer that is always there (built in). One in particular my multicard reader always shows up in "Safely Remove Hardware". Unlike some people I really don't care about the icon in my sys tray but, it is a bit of a problem when I accidentally remove my SD card instead of my EHDD (or I already removed my EHDD, forgot and clicked the only option left without thinking).
    Current Machine:HP Compaq 6910p with 4GB RAM, Core2Duo @ 2.20 GHz, Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family, Avast free, Malwarebyte's free, TP-Link wireless card (as the built in card has nothing but problems with empty solutions): The card identifies as "Atheros AR922X Wireless Network Adapter". [Not the best machine but it does internet, docs, and vids, and some games (PvZ, Spore)]

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi grnorris,

I don't believe you can do this in any edition of MS Windows out of the box. I would like to be corrected by anyone that may know better

The only alternative solution I found was a paid software which provides extra USB functionality to removable devices, called USB Safely Remove.

http://www.safelyremove.com/help/ht_hideDevice.htm

Thanks
    USB Safely Remove 4.5
    Untitled.jpg

Yeah, that's what I was about to suggest.

It would also be advisable to remove the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from the system tray and place it in your "tool box".
    This would minimize accidentally clicking on it.

Create a Shortcut or Hotkey for the Safely Remove Hardware Dialog

Others:
    Remove Old Notification Icons In Windows 7
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2011-03-18 at 23:43.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The problem is that I do actually use the icon so simply removing it wouldn't be a good idea. As for the program it's interesting but, the problem isn't annoying enough for me to pay for a fix. Thanks anyway though.
    Current Machine:HP Compaq 6910p with 4GB RAM, Core2Duo @ 2.20 GHz, Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family, Avast free, Malwarebyte's free, TP-Link wireless card (as the built in card has nothing but problems with empty solutions): The card identifies as "Atheros AR922X Wireless Network Adapter". [Not the best machine but it does internet, docs, and vids, and some games (PvZ, Spore)]