3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

My son has an old Latitude C640 (PPO1L) lap top that was over heating.

I told him that it probably needed to be cleaned. He decided that he wanted a computer that was newer and bought one and gave me this one. I needed just a basic lap top so this would have worked great. All I need it for is a way to play my music on my desk top through my home audio system. Before I took it apart I found a "service" manual. I took everything apart and found a lot of dust on the MB assembly. I took as much of that apart a I needed. I went to put it back together and instead of being called a service manual it should be called an assembly manual because it didn't show how to put any of the MB assembly back together, mainly the PC card slot. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Marc

Thanks
    I hope this site will help;http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...des.htm#999869
    The best of luck to you.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks but that's the same thing that I have. It shows you how to "remove" parts and assemblies. The PC card reader and a couple of other things are part of the system board assembly. I can't find anything that shows me how to put those back together.

Thanks
    Find the exact make name of the motherboard and do a very specific search for it's technical specs.
    Quite often is the case that the main board is made by someone other than dell. Look on the motherboard itself if need.
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2011-03-23 at 21:36.