Thanks

Problem with using previously uploaded images

When I attempt to use a previously uploaded image, I Go Advanced, then Manage Attachments, which opens the File Upload Manager window. I select the attachment I wish to add to a post, but am unable to drag the attchment to the Insert Inline area:

DragAttachments.jpg

I am able to add a new attachment and Insert Inline, but not drag a previously uploaded attachment to the Insert Inline area. This problem seems to have started recently.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Hi Ted, its not like you to have problems. Here's what to do. when replying to a post, 'go advanced' click the 'paperclip' icon, on the window that opens browse for your image and up-load it. Close the window, place cursor where you want image to appear, re click paperclip, your uploaded image shows below, click to attach.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    I haven't seen that dialog before. Maybe I checked the wrong box somewhere...

Does it use Flash?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    I haven't seen that dialog before. Maybe I checked the wrong box somewhere...
    Neither have I. I suspect this is the reason...From Settings....General Settings.

attachmentUpload.gif
    Regards
    John

Thanks
    RR, I already use your method. After uploading an Image attachment, you are supposed to be able to reuse that same Image attachment as often as you like. I am unable to reuse the attachment because I cannot seem to drag the attachment from the upper half of the window to the lower half of the window. This has just started recently. Before the last couple of days I WAS able to drag the Images down to reuse them.

John, Mine looks identical to your attached image. Enhanced is checked.

All, either clicking on the paperclip or selecting Manage Attachments in the Additional Options area below, the lower box has a statement "Drag previously uploaded files into this area to attach them" I can no longer drag a file from the upper half of the window to the lower half of the window. Up to 2 or 3 days ago I could do this to enable me to reuse a previously used Attachment in a new post or thread. I realise I can upload the attachment again, but this will cause many duplicate image attachments in my account. I wish to minimize this as much as possible.

Could this be caused by too many attachments stored in my account? If so, if I delete some will the original post that included that attachment loose the Image? I now have a total of 48 Attached Images stored. What is the max number?

This is just a change of behavior that was unexpected.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Hi Ted, It's taken me long enough to find as in your image till John showed how it is done.
    The first thing I tried was to drag one to the bottom section, it worked.
    I then clicked to attach using the bottom box 'in line' it worked.
    I the clicked 'add file' uploaded it, closed manager, wrote some text, placed cursor where I wanted it to appear,clicked paper clip. it worked.

Attachment 27705
    Last edited by Roderunner; 2011-03-22 at 06:11. Reason: additional info

Thanks
    RR, I know, mine has stopped working. Have no idea why, hence my inquiry. Perhaps an admin or web person with the Lounge will investigate. I believe this started after I installed IE 9 RTM. I was using IE 9 RC prior to this. I will also investigate with Chrome. Thanks for the thoughts.

Hmmmmm..... It seems to work correctly with Chrome so this may be related to IE 9 RTM. I will have to investigate further. If I discover a solution I will definitely post back. I would hate to have to use Chrome for just the Lounge.
    Last edited by Medico; 2011-03-22 at 06:19.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Ted, I used FF for my test. Good luck in your testing.

Thanks
    Yup, this is a browser related issue as you confirmed for yourself Ted - nice work. Unfortunately, the "fancier" trendy features like this some web applications are fond of never seem to work as reliably as the good old fashioned tools. In older versions of this vBulletin software, this feature wasn't possible at all however - you would need to always reupload to insert an image inline. So I guess there are positives and negatives about it - unfortunately, its frustrating when things work then stop working and you are left to wonder why.

Thanks
    Is this something that we can anticipate being fixed. As I did state, it works properly with Chrome 11 beta. Thanks.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Its not something we can fix really.

If Microsoft intends to fix their browser, then yes. If the vBulletin dev team intends to fix vBulletin to make special code so that this works with particular browser versions, then yes also. However, the forum owners (inet) do not modify core files in the vbulletin application suite - chances are if they did, the next browser update would stop working with this feature again.

It works fine for me on Chrome 10. Its a browser based issue, so some browsers will work with the drag and drop features, and some may not. The more standards compliant the browser you use, the more likely things are to work properly.