3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Where do I go to remove Access 32bit drivers?

Here is the scenario:
    1. Windows 7 Professional 64 bit OS.
    2. MS Office 2007 Professional (32 bit) originally installed.
    3. MS Project 2007 Standard 32 bit originally installed.
    4. Allycad (CAD system installed).
    5. Quite a few other apps......

New version of Office comes along:
    1. Install Office 2010 Professional (32 bit installs automatically because MS Project 2007 is 32 Bit).
    2. Office 2010 Professional works fine for a couple of months.

New version of AllyCAD Comes along:
    1. On install it is now a 64 bit application! YAY we can use that extra memory!
    2. Install fails with a message Cannot install because Access 32bit driver is installed.
    3. OK - so....... uninstall Office 2010 32bit. Uninstall Project 2007 32 bit.
    4. Install Office 2010 64Bit - (can't install 64 bit without removing all 32 bit office applications).
    5. Install Project 2007 32 bit again. (need the project capabilities).
    6. Try installing Allycad once more..... same error message!

Where do I go to remove the 32bit access driver so that we can install the new Allycad 64bit!

Thanks in advance!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I suspect your issue is with Project 2007 and not with Access per se - but the folks at AllyCAD should be able to tell you that as I would expect that to be a common configuration. Project 2010 is available in a 64-bit version.
    Wendell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Wendell

Thanks - the guys at AllyCad have not come across this before, and are telling us we need to reinstall the OS....! A little bit drastic, I would think. We also tried installing the new Allycad before re-installing Project 2007, so it must be something left behind from 32 bit installations. I just don't know where to go to in order to remove those 32bit drivers.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I'm afraid they may well be right then. I would do a complete image, and then wipe and reinstall and see if that cures it. I don't know of a means where you could identify what driver(s) might still be hanging around from the 32 bit version.
    Wendell

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I'm afraid they may well be right then. I would do a complete image, and then wipe and reinstall and see if that cures it. I don't know of a means where you could identify what driver(s) might still be hanging around from the 32 bit version.
    Wendell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks - any idea where the driver files would be? Perhaps you could uninstall /rename / delete them to stop them from working or being recognised?