Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Outlook 7 - default font color in inbox

Somehow the font color in the inbox has changed and I need to change it back. The sender's name is in a dark font and the message subject line is in a florescent green/blue that isn't readable but is visually annoying.

My inbox is set to show the sender's name followed by the subject line. Does anyone know how to change the color - I can't find it anywhere in the help menu (although it could be that I'm not using the right search words!).

Thanks
    By Outlook 7 do you mean Outlook 2007?

The appearance of the Inbox and other folders is determined by the View settings. You can re-apply the default View to your Inbox, or you could define your own preferred font styling.

Try View > Arrange by > Current view > Define Views...

Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2007

Yes, I did mean 2007. Still can't fix the problem. See the attached pdf to see what's happening. I've also lost the connection to our main printer and am now wondering if I've got some kind of virus that's causing a couple of different problems.

Mary
    Attached Files Attached Files

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Mary,

You can reset the views for the entire mailbox opposed to the way jscher2000 mentioned which is folder specific.

Go to Start menu run and type Outlook.exe /cleanviews and click OK.

When you open Outlook using the /cleanviews switch you will wipe out all custom views and return all default views to "factory default". Sometimes its necessary to fix persistent view issues.
    Last edited by JDB1984; 2011-03-30 at 02:38. Reason: Fix Grammar

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JDB1984 For This Useful Post:

DunnDeal (2011-03-29)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    As a matter of curiosity, does anyone use Stationery?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dogberry View Post
    As a matter of curiosity, does anyone use Stationery?
    Never use it myself, Subject Line, Body, Email Signature only. A pet hate of mine is people that employ a useless subject line or worse none

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Guidelines?

Quote Originally Posted by JDB1984 View Post
    Never use it myself, Subject Line, Body, Email Signature only. A pet hate of mine is people that employ a useless subject line or worse none
    Only a small fraction of posts in threads have titles, to pick an example your own post supplies, and with Email the source is usually what I look at (and rank) first. 'Conversations' in Outlook 2010 are of interest, and the trend to extreme brevity in certain non-Email communications is also remarkable.

I look forward to reading your views on what does constitute a useful subject line. You have already implied that anything is better than nothing. Dreaming up titles is time-consuming, and time is money, so you may have a profitable niche for your ideas.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    hawkfeather,

Has the issue been resolved?

dogberry,

I suggest you post your own thread as further discussion is outside the scope of the original poster's issue and will potentially lead to topic derailment. My apologies if this sounds abrupt but I do not have the inclination to discuss the topic at length myself but maybe others will feel differently.