New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't open FF (any version) from download

I have Win7. I deleted FF a couple weeks ago to try to resolve a problem and intended to simply reinstall it, but I get "can not open output file" when it starts to try to extract. Using Chrome now, but I liked some of the features of FF and prefer it for my primary browser.

Thanks
    See if the solution given here helps.

Jerry

Thanks
    Quote from M$ tech;
    Explanation:
    The specified file cannot be opened. There might be too many files open already, the path might not be valid, or the output filename (that is, the destination filename) might be the same as an existing directory name. Also, the file might be read-only, locked, or on a write-protected disk.
    User Action:
    Make sure that you have correctly specified the path and filenames, and that the destination filename is not the same as an existing directory name. If you continue to receive this message, at the command prompt use the attrib command to see if the output file is read-only and to make sure the share command has not locked the file. If the output file is on a floppy disk, make sure the disk is not write-protected. If you still receive this message and you have other files open, close some files so the new file can be opened.

The other thing I can suggest is to down load ccleaner here;http://ccleaner.en.softonic.com/ Once you have this program open it.Then click on the,Registry icon.Then click on;Scan for Issues,once it's done click on the;Fix Selected issues.Then delete the FF4 you have now.Then down load a new one.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

New Lounger
    Thanks

downloading and opening FF (unsuccessfully)

Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    See if the solution given here helps.

Jerry
    Thanks, Jerry. I did follow those instructions, but I'm getting the same result.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    As with Jerry's efforts to help, I followed your directions, chowur, but still get the same result.