Thread: Win 7 Tablets?

Thanks

Win 7 Tablets?

I love my Fujitusu Lifebook Convertible Tablet but it is time to start to think about replacing it.
    I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion?
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    There are rumors about that Microsoft will release Windows 8 (or whatever they end up calling it) 1st quarter next year for ARM based devices as much as 6 - 8 months ahead of x86 & x64 devices. Windows 8 is supposed to be more fully touch capable. More rumor, it may have multiple shells depending on the device. Supposedly, will be capable of being configured to run well on any device from a cell phone to a workstation.

So, unless you are desperate for a tablet I'd wait until later in the year to get better information from Microsoft about their plans. There is a Partner conference in July and a PDC in the fall.

Joe

Thanks
    Interesting News!
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Also, note that the current crop of Windows 7 tablets are being marketed as business oriented. I think that is just an excuse to charge a lot more. See Asus Eee Slate and HP TouchSmart tm2t series and HP Slate 500.

Joe