New Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2007- Excel hyperlink to Access database help!!

Hi,
    I have around 15 excel files with multiple pictures that describe the characteristics of plants at my work. Due to the mass # of excel files its getting hard to use them all efficiently. I'm trying to take my excel files with all working hyperlinks and transfer them to access. When I do this I'm importing the file from excel into access, and its giving me a hyper-linked file in access, but is not allowing me open the photo.

*I have tried going into design view and turning the hyper-linked column into a memo then returning it to a hyperlink.(only to receive an error when I open it, because it looks like linked location from excel did not transfer over)
    *I have also tried to use "#" at the beginning and end of the hyperlink, and had no luck.
    *I WAS able to copy the links location from excel and paste it manually in access and was able to see the LONG link(which will not be nice for queries) and inevitably open the photo, but to do this manually to all the files would make me quit my job, haha

All the photos are saved in "My Documents", not sure if that matters. So if you can help me put these excel hyper-linked flies into access and keep the special names we have for them to allow for easy searching I would deeply appreciate it!!
    Thanks!

Below shows an example of the error message im receiving when I try to open the access hyper-link. Obviously the link location would be an error!! Help me get the excel location to access!!
    forum.JPG Hyperlink.gif
    Last edited by johnhutchison; 2011-03-24 at 17:33.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It seems that Access is treating the Hyperlink as a link to a website, and putting in a http://.

Can you post a little sample file data that has been imported into Access?
    Regards
    John

New Lounger
    Thanks

Heres what im working on atm

Here is a file I'm working on and the picture for the first abbreviation in the file "Adl1". If you can try to take the file and move it to access and get the picture to open I'm all ears!!

Mutant Descriptions.xlsAdherent Leaf 1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi

I achieved this somewhat differently.

A button click includes these lines of code

sFile = get_docRepository & Forms!frmContactEdit!frmContactDocSub!DocFileName Application.FollowHyperlink sFile

get_docRepository just returns a path. A filename stored in a textbox on the form is appended and assigned to sPath

Application.followHyperlink sFile opens the doc. In my case a pdf.

Cheers
    Geof