New Lounger
    Thanks

Access 2003 - alternative to conditional formatting required

I used to have some VBA which allowed me to colour a cell [Ref] on a form where two other cells did not meet certain critera eg [amount_received] <> [amount_expected] in a particular row. Unfortunately, we cannot upgrade to 2010 which would solve the problem at a stroke as this version of Access is required for another critical program.

I also need to colour a cell entry where it does not follow the row above cell entry - to throw up missing page numbers - row1[page]= 1; row2[page]= 2; row3[page] =4. Thus data from page 3 has not been entered. So I would like the 4 to be highlighted.

Many thanks - Roberta

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robertaw View Post
    I used to have some VBA which allowed me to colour a cell [Ref] on a form where two other cells did not meet certain critera eg [amount_received] <> [amount_expected] in a particular row. Unfortunately, we cannot upgrade to 2010 which would solve the problem at a stroke as this version of Access is required for another critical program.
    Conditional Formatting is available in Access 2003. Is there some reason it won't do what you want?
    Regards
    John

3. The Following User Says Thank You to johnhutchison For This Useful Post:

robertaw (2011-04-05)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I thought Conditional Formatting started with 2007! - sorry I have to go back to 2003 (currently working with 2010) for a problem I am sorting for a friend. Thanks for your time.