Thread: WMP & MP3's

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Angry WMP & MP3's

I at home have a number of mp3 music files (complete with coverart), and have discovered that the coverart will vanish if the music file itself is dragged to a new location - on the same H/D, or even if a copy of the file is made in the exact same location - can someone please tell me in layman terms why the coverart isn't a permanent fixture.

Also in relation to mp3's, when right-clicking on a mp3 the properties dialogue box appears.
    Could someone please explain to me (in plain non-technical jargon) just what advantages are gained by putting a check mark in the 'read only' box?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    I deleted your duplicate thread in the General Windows forum. Please do not duplicate threads.

Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Album art is a separate hidden file. You'd have to change the view options in Windows Explorer to display protected operating system files and then copy or move the album art with the MP3s.

Theoretically, setting a file as read only makes it more difficult to accidentally modify or delete the file. Practically, it depends on the security settings for your account. In a normal PC workstation, any user who knows Windows can get around/clear a read-only setting.

Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Use a media player like Media Monkey that supports embedding album cover art.
    Chuck

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe & Chuck, I want to thank you both for your input.