Lounger
    Thanks

Network configuration gone haywire

I have enjoyed many years of incident-free networking in our home office, but that changed last week. My desktop PC is a Windows 7 Pro box and my notebook runs Win XP Pro. They have always happily shared files and folders. But when I purchased a netbook running Win 7, I could not get them speaking to one another nearly as easily. I needed quite a bit of elbow grease to get them to share files. I recall needing to create a homegroup and after a bit of mucking around, I got the two to work.

But oy vey, at such a price. Whatever I did created havoc with the configuration between my PC and my XP notebook. I get continual Delayed Write Failures in either direction and any copying of files that does take place is at a snail's pace -- about 5MPS.

Remote desktop capability remains intact, and each box sees the other during network discovery. But I did something to completely hose several years of peace and I would be grateful for someone helping me restore it.

Rick A.
    Pleasanton CA
    Rick Altman
    Author, "Why Most PowerPoint Presentations Suck...and how you can make them better"
    --------------------------------------------------
    www.BetterPresenting.com
    Pleasanton CA

Thanks
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Here's another great source as well;http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows...ng-and-sharing
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten