New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2010 - How to create and use a custom New Email?

Hello Lounge members

I apologize for the poor wording of the subject of this post. But I simply don't know how to make a short description of what I have been tasked to do :-)

We have a company logo that we would like to appear on top of EVERY new email message that is sent out from our company. Between the logo and our standard email signatures, we want all the normal message text.

We have tried different approaches to solve this, but so far we have been unable to create a solution that allowed the users to press the "New Email" button and then have our "custom stationary" pop up. I am not sure stationary is the right way to go, but any help we can get with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

In other words, what we need is a simple company logo to appear in the beginning of every email message we send. But how to make it happen automatically?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I actually stumbled upon a possible solution.
    We started by creating a new email message. In this message, we inserted our company logo and centered it.
    We also changed the font for the whole mail message.
    Then we used Save As... to save the message as an HTML file in %appdata%\microsoft\stationery
    In Outlook Options --> Mail --> Use stationary and Fonts we selected the newly created file.

Now, each time we click on "New Email" it looks the way we want.

Only question left is: Is there any way that we can force the use of this custom stationary using our Group Policy?

/Simon

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I believe this could be done via group policy although you will have to create a custom adm/admx to manage it.

Code:
    CLASS USER
    CATEGORY !!category

CATEGORY !!categoryname
     POLICY !!policynameOutlookStationary
      KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\MailSettings"
      EXPLAIN !!explaintextOutlookStationary
        PART !!labeltextMO DROPDOWNLIST REQUIRED

VALUENAME "NewStationery"
          ITEMLIST
           NAME "Blank" VALUE "Blank"
           NAME "Tech Tools" VALUE "TechTool"
          END ITEMLIST
        END PART
      END POLICY
     END CATEGORY
    END CATEGORY

[strings]
    category="Outlook Custom Policy Settings"
    categoryname="Microsoft Outlook 2010"
    policynameOutlookStationary="Microsoft Outlook Stationary"
    labeltextMO="Use this Stationary by Default:"
    explaintextOutlookStationary="To Disable Stationary choose Disabled or Not configured"
    I have not tested this code with Outlook 2010 merely modified my custom Outlook 2007 ADM to give you a start on how to achieve your goal as I believe the only real difference is the version number in the registry (14.0 opposed to 12.0)

I have not had a chance to test it with custom stationary either but may be you'll have luck with this.

The next step would be to also disable the staff changing the stationary but I would focus on getting this working first in a development environment.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you JDB1984.
    I will try to test your ADM file.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have tested this to work with default Stationary from Office 2007 so you should be able to modify any values I've missed for 2010. The interesting component will be testing it with "user created stationary" from your "%appdata%\microsoft\stationery" directory.

Of course this latter component is easily done by having the company stationary copied via logon script / GP.