fiapersson

cross-reference as hyperlink - No???

Hi,

when converting a word 97 document to html in word 2000 the cross-references do not turn up as hyperlinks even though they were originally inserted with the option "insert as hyperlink" checked. Why? Anybody that has any ideas other than editing the ref_ fields in html?

regards

Fia P

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: cross-reference as hyperlink - No???

I don't know if this would affect it, but do you have Tools/AutoCorrect.../AutoFormat as you type & Autoformat/Internet & Network Paths with hyperlinks checked?

fiapersson

Yes, everything hyperlink is checked. It seems as though word treats the "insert cross-reference as hyperlink" as a different kind of hyperlink, one that is not recognised when converting the document to html. Of well, I'll just have to do a search and replace.

regards

Fia P

Thanks

Two thoughts:
    Have you applied SR-1a to your version of Office 2000?

Are you using Save As HTML from your file menu. I don't know that this produces different results than using Save or Save As... and then picking HTML as the format. I do know I haven't had the problem you are reporting when using Save As HTML.

I may have had to put this command on my File menu. I know that I had to in Word 97.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin