Lounger
    Thanks

Creating a calendar in Access or in Calendar 13.0

I was wondering of a way to either populate the Access addin Calendar 13.0 with data such as Event and time start, time end, or how to create a calendar in Access to look like an Outlook Calendar. I have a database that shows Events that go on during the year, and all the corresponding details. I only need the calendar to show the Event name and start date end date. I would be forever grateful for assistance. I spent all of yesterday searching the web and reading so many suggestions, but they were all very, very complicated. I am an advanced Access user and know a lot of Visual Basic.
    Kindest Regards,

Tina

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Hi Tina! Nice to see you back. An important question here is what version of Access you are using. There are a number of options, but nearly all have some dependence on the specific version you are using.
    Wendell

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Do you want a Calendar just as a Report? or do you want a form where you interact with the data? or even do data entry?
    Regards
    John

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, I am using Access Version 2007. What I have is an Event database. I just need to show the calendar by month and if possible by week and year, but hey, I would be thrilled to show month for now. I want to populate my calendar with the Event and when the Event starts and ends. So I have fields such as: EventID, EventName, StartDate, EndDate. I have battled with a database I found as an example. I could attach it for you and attach mine, or alternatively, I could await your reply. I understand Visual Basic programming and could easily read through the programming on a calendar example someone gave me. Anyhow, any thoughts? Kind Regards, Tina

Lounger
    Thanks
    Oh, and John, an example database that I found that I am allowed to change (I have incorporated the calendar into my existing database) has a Calendar form and a Calendar report. I guess it is easier to match the fields in the form to the query and then send it to a report......................Any thoughts from you or Wendel would be so greatly appreciated. Kind Regards, Tina

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I'm not sure what you may have found, but Allen Browne's site has one you can download. However I suspect it isn't exactly what you were looking for. Also, Tony Toews lists a number of other options here - one of the best may be the "Access Developer's Handbook" if you can put your hands on a copy. And Jeff Conrad (now a "softie") also has a bunch of options at Access Junkie. But I suspect what you are envisioning is something that looks like the monthly calendar in Microsoft Outlook. Another option might be to use Automation to actually populate the events in Outlook and use it's ability to display things in the existing forms and reports of Outlook. And if it's appropriate, the ability to generate reminders and such would be an added bonus.
    Wendell

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WendellB For This Useful Post:

RetiredGeek (2011-04-01)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tinaw View Post
    Hi, I am using Access Version 2007. What I have is an Event database. I just need to show the calendar by month and if possible by week and year, but hey, I would be thrilled to show month for now. I want to populate my calendar with the Event and when the Event starts and ends. So I have fields such as: EventID, EventName, StartDate, EndDate. I have battled with a database I found as an example. I could attach it for you and attach mine, or alternatively, I could await your reply. I understand Visual Basic programming and could easily read through the programming on a calendar example someone gave me. Anyhow, any thoughts? Kind Regards, Tina
    Hi Tina - I realize your original post was 4 yrs ago (!) but just curious if you were ever able to find a solution? This is exactly what I'd like to do!
    Thanks,
    Cindy