Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lounger
    Thanks

Question What happened to Karen Kenworthy?

I haven't seen much activity or updates to www.karenware.com for a long time. Does anyone know if Karen Kenworthy is still active?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Cant answer you on that but I will always be indebted to her for Replicator prog a simple and effective back up tool

Thanks
    I have a lot of her stuff....

Every few months or so I would get a newsletter from her but haven't received anything for quite awhile now...
    Hmmmm....
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

New Lounger
    Thanks

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to agungsp2000 For This Useful Post:

kashken (2011-04-18),Pipdaddy (2012-05-17)

Thanks
    RIP Karen Kenworthy
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks

RIP Karen

So sorry to hear about Karen's passing.

Guess you couldn't ask for better than to pass in your sleep but Karen will be greatly missed among those of us who have used her KarenWare Power Tools for so many years and read her articles at WinMag in the old days before their demise.
    Fran Parker, AKA Bambi, Linux User #183283, Ubuntu User #11114, CNI Radio
    BambisMusings, Tumblr, Twitter, Malware Complaints - Stand Up and be Counted!
    I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which grant[s] a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.
    --James Madison, 1794

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LilBambi For This Useful Post:

BrianForbesColgate (2011-04-26)

Thanks
    Sad news indeed. Our computing lives have been enriched by selfless individuals who contribute their work without seeking return or even glory. Karen was one of these.

Jock

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jockmullin For This Useful Post:

BrianForbesColgate (2011-04-26)

Lounger
    Thanks

The passing of Karen Kenworthy

Sad to say, that is not what I wanted to hear. However, in time, it happens to all of us. She left a mark on my computer(s).

Thanks to all that looked into this and found the information that none wanted to hear. May she rest in peace.

Ken Kashmarek

Thanks
    RIP Karen

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This is sad. My heart goes out to her family and friends. Her knowledge and contributions to the computing and IT community will be missed.
    Chuck

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:59:53 -0500

Dear Friends,

I suspect that many of you have noticed that the last issue of Karen's Power Tools Newsletter was dated March 17, 2010, and you may have been anxiously awaiting another.

It is with great sadness that I write to tell you of Karen's death on April 12, 2011, after a long struggle with several debilitations, including diabetes. I know that Karen touched many of you with her kindness, wit, creativity and encouragement. She was a loving daughter, sister, aunt and friend. And she was a pretty darned good programmer, too. We are deeply grieving her loss.

For now, Karen's server is still running, the programs she has written can still be downloaded, and donations can still be made through the website. We are also working to fill all CD orders that have been submitted or mailed.

It is difficult to make business decisions while grieving. So, at this point, I cannot say what will be the future of KarenWare.com, except to say that we will certainly continue Karen's commitment to safeguard your privacy as shown at the Privacy link of KarenWare.com.

Many of you have already written many kinds words of condolence and comfort. Please know that we greatly appreciate you. If you care to make a contribution in her honor, she was a long-time supporter of The Dohnavur Fellowship, a special children's ministry in southern India. You can learn more about them at www.DohnavurFellowship.org

All we ask is that you remember her whenever you take the case off of your computer, contemplate removing entries from your Windows Registry, listen to Bob Wills or Riders in the Sky, or wave and say 'Hi!' to anyone on the 'net.

May God richly bless you, as He has all those who knew Karen.

Bill Kenworthy
    Karen's brother

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sadly, Ms. Kenworthy passed away. I received this email from her brother on April 25th. This is a copy.

Dear Friends,

I suspect that many of you have noticed that the last issue of Karenİs Power Tools Newsletter was dated March 17, 2010, and you may have been anxiously awaiting another. It is with great sadness that I write to tell you of Karenİs death on April 12, 2011, after a long struggle with several debilitations, including diabetes.

I know that Karen touched many of you with her kindness, wit, creativity and encouragement. She was a loving daughter, sister, aunt and friend. And she was a pretty darned good programmer, too. We are deeply grieving her loss.

For now, Karenİs server is still running, the programs she has written can still be downloaded, and donations can still be made through the website. We are also working to fill all CD orders that have been submitted or mailed. It is difficult to make business decisions while grieving. So, at this point, I cannot say what will be the future of KarenWare.com, except to say that we will certainly continue Karenİs commitment to safeguard your privacy as shown at the Privacy link of KarenWare.com.

Many of you have already written many kinds words of condolence and comfort. Please know that we greatly appreciate you. If you care to make a contribution in her honor, she was a long-time supporter of The Dohnavur Fellowship, a special childrenİs ministry in southern India. You can learn more about them at www.DohnavurFellowship.org.

All we ask is that you remember her whenever you take the case off of your computer, contemplate removing entries from your Windows Registry, listen to Bob Wills or Riders in the Sky, or wave and say İHi!İ to anyone on the İnet.

May God richly bless you, as He has all those who knew Karen.

Bill Kenworthy
    Karenİs brother

I think I've been a subscriber to her site for over 12 years. It is very sad, and I feel like I've lost an Internet friend. I know many of you out there will agree. Hopefully there is some way to express condolence to the family. If anyone knows a way, please post. Thanks, in advance

New Lounger
    Thanks
    @LamontLewis ...
    The note from Bill Kenworthy came from Karen's account, and that and her site are being maintained for now ...
    I'm sure you could send a note of condolence to Bill and Karen's family through that eMail address.
    B.

New Lounger
    Thanks

To send a condolence to Karen Kenworthy's family

Everyone who is aware of the passing of Karen Kenworthy, I found this link to a website with her obituary where you can post condolences.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...HReYfJeiBaA83A

If the link fails for some reason, you can Google "Karen Kenworthy obituary" to retrieve the link to www.tulsaworld.com, where the obituary resides.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Karen has in fact died, about a month or so ago

Great Loss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast