Lounger
    Thanks

Dlookup incorrect value

I have a database I am using to maintain monthly schedules for various locations. I have a table with the shift schedules for each location and a schedule for that I would like the start and end time to automatically update after the shift is chosen using a macro. I have created the macro "Update Start Time" which is only giving 3:00 pm as the start time, which is incorrect according to the shift schedule table. I have attached a narrowed down copy of the database for review. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    How and where are you using a macro to update a field?

And anyway, your macro contains the WHERE clause "[Shift]=[Shift]", which evaluates to a true; so it is returning the first record in the table, which has a [Start] = 3:00pm.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I see that the macro is run from the After Update event from the shift field on the form Copy of Schedule.

I can't work out the right syntax to use in the macro. (Sorry I don't write macros..nothing I tried worked.)

Here is how I would do it.

Add two extra columns to the Shift combo box, so that the Start and End times are displayed when you are selecting a Shift. Then use this code in the After Update event:

Code:
    Private Sub Shift_AfterUpdate()
    Me.Start_Time = Me.Shift.Column(2)
    Me.End_Time = Me.Shift.Column(3)
    End Sub
    Regards
    John