Star Lounger
    Thanks

A curious image has appeared on my desktop

Curiousimage.jpgThis just appeared yesterday. Don't have a clue how it got there.

Thanks
    Have a look here.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel For This Useful Post:

sanyama (2011-03-31)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thnx Rebel for the link. What a pain in *!#** to run bcdedit. Windows kept telling me it was an unrecognized command. Finally copied it to the root of C and was able to execute the commands in the link. Procedure #2 was the one that worked for executing the commands. Said commands were completed successfully... but the image is still there. Haven't tried rebooting yet.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sanyama View Post
    Thnx Rebel for the link. What a pain in *!#** to run bcdedit. Windows kept telling me it was an unrecognized command. Finally copied it to the root of C and was able to execute the commands in the link. Procedure #2 was the one that worked for executing the commands. Said commands were completed successfully... but the image is still there. Haven't tried rebooting yet.
    The image will remain until you reboot.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you would like a curious icon to go with it, I bought a pair of cheap reading glasses yesterday, and the peel-off label is transparent with a circle and inside it +1.25 for the magnitude. It is the same size as my icons, and ever since I stuck it to the screen it stays neatly in place and no computer command will get rid of it. (Moral: be thankful that your problem was so easy to solve.)