Thanks

2010 and Stubborn Margins in Plain Text

I must be missing something here. I have my e-mail formatted so that my left margin is right at the left edge of the page.

If I write an HTML formatted e-mail, that's where it is.

If I change the format to plain text however, the left margin for the first line of a paragraph is moved in one tab stop -- first line indent -- without any intervention from me. In addition, ALL the text from the original e-mail (as it is included in the reply) is moved in that one tab stop as well.

I recall somewhere in prior versions where I would set whether to indent the original text -- where is that choice in 2010?

Also, how do I set the reply format so that there is no indent on the first line of a paragraph, so that I don't have to change it for each reply individually?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Check your Reply options settings. Go to File | Options | Mail | Replies and Forwards. There are two drop downs that let you select a format for a Reply and a format for a Forward.

Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperez View Post
    Check your Reply options settings. Go to File | Options | Mail | Replies and Forwards. There are two drop downs that let you select a format for a Reply and a format for a Forward.

Joe
    Joe, yea, that's what I had thought at first as well. But I haven't changed the way I set those ever since Outlook 98. It didn't do it in 2007, and in fact I don't remember it doing it in 2010 until my posts about it started -- the end of January I believe.

I just cannot why it would do that, even with offering that setting to leave replies all formatted flush left. It's GOT to be something I've done somewhere...but I uninstalled Office, and started clean, and it did the same thing.

Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Have you tried renaming normalemail.dotm so it will be recreated? It should be located at:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templa tes\NormalEmail.dotm

Joe