Star Lounger
    Seymour, USA

Streaming Audio Problem

Hi everyone

I hope I am posting in the proper forum.

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit I can no longer play steaming internet audio or youtube videos for more than one minute before they freeze. This occurs in both the 32 and 64 bit IE8 as well as Firefox and Opera. This problem did not occur in eight years of using XP Home.

I have tried emptying my cache and browser history before going to the Websites. I have defragmented the registry, run chkdsc, compacted the registry, ran both IE's without addons, connected to the websites turning my AV, Firewall, and ThreatFire protection off one at a time and then all at the same time. I tried re-registering a dll that was recommended in one on line article again with no luck. The same problem occurs whether I go directly to the music website or through Windows Media Guide/Player. The YouTube sites were accessed directly through my browser

The only consistant suggestion I have found is that my IP (Comcast) is the problem.
    I have run bandwidth tests at several different on-line testing sites (sorry I did not save the results but I believe they were acceptable.

The only problem I can think of is that Adobe only has a beta for 64 bit systems and I would rather not use a beta product from anyone.

My system is Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1. I have an AMD Phenom II x4 955 Processor @3.2GHZ. 4GB of Ram and a 500GB Western Digital Hard Drive. There is only one computer. My telephone (1) and TV (1) are bindled with the internet through my ISP.

Any help would be appreciated.

The Adobe Flash is tied to the browser, not the OS. If you use the 32 Bit IE 8 then the 32 Bit Adobe Flash is appropriate.

Have you tried to contact Comcast Tech Support for help with this problem. A Google Search show a few sites with suggestions that may help.
    Last edited by Medico; 2011-03-31 at 17:56.
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3 Star Lounger
    I would try the flash player uninstaller you can get here
    and then reinstall the player. You did not say what you ISP speed should be.