4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

New On-line Shop

Hi all,

I am thinking to open a new on-line shop, can someone please advise a website which I can maybe purchase the system on-line. I do not have experience developing website apart from doing small projects at Uni.

Your advise is much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Thanks
    Many web hosts offer an ecommerce package that includes the basic framework for a shopping cart, including an SSL certificate and back end processing. However, I imagine it still is a significant project to get a completely free-standing shop up and running. Hence the popularity of Amazon marketplace and Yahoo stores.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Use Wordpress with ecommerce plugins. You can also buy a full template you can customize.
    All have a learning curve.
    You can also go with commercial products such as Shopify or Volution carts, but will cost you.
    For just a few items you can use Paypal buttons.
    You really need to identify your need before starting.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If you are familiar with Ruby on Rails (RoR) there is an established ecommerce middle-ware application available for you to use. It is called Spree. It has all of the bells and whistles and best of all it is FREE! (open source). The web address for Spree is http://spreecommerce.com/ and there is a "tour" feature. It is a very well thought out application and has loads of feature with it.