New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2007 manual duplex to HP 4100TN - tray selection issue

Hi. I'm trying to print a handbook from Word 2007 to an HP4100TN using manual duplex. The problem is that the prints go to tray 1 regardless of my specifying tray 4 prior to printing.

As tray 1 is the manual feed, I'm prompted to reinsert the paper after each page is printed. What I want is to be able to print all the relevant pages, then reinsert them all to print the reverse sides.

This works perfectly with my Dell 1700n, but I really would prefer to print to the HP4100TN.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by jscher2000; 2011-04-04 at 12:43. Reason: Removed unrelated image/button.

Thanks
    In the Page Setup dialog, you can set trays for each section of the document. Is it possible that one of your sections is set to use the wrong tray?

While the Page Setup dialog usually overrides everything else, it might be possible to force the pages to manual print in HP's settings. We have our old 4050 models set to "Automatically Select" by default. Are your 4100s set that way as well?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi and thanks for your reply. I'm pretty sure the docs page setup is correct, but I'll double check when I'm in the office again tomorrow. The 4100's settings were changed quite a while ago to default to tray 4, but I'm now wondering if manual duplex is only possible with tray 2 or the manual feed.

I'll give it a go tomorrow. Thanks again for your reply

Darren