New Lounger
    Thanks

Large font not vertically centered

I'm trying to create a 10" number for a banner. When I use Word 2007, as I enlarge the font, the number creeps down the page, leaving space at the top. How can I center the number on an 8.5x11 sheet to print. I'm using a red background with white lettering. I'm at the end of my rope!

Thanks
    To vertically center a page, call up the old Page Setup dialog -- I think this involves clicking or double-clicking the little box at the lower right of the part of the ribbon relating to orientation and margins -- and check the additional tabs. Any luck?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for replying. I found the center text in the old Page Setup right where you said it was...but no joy. Any other ideas? This is really odd...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You need to check the paragraph line spacing. If this is set to 'Single' then the line is taller than it needs to be. Word considers a single line height to be about 110% of the font size. This can become very pronounced when your font size is huge. Also check you don't have paragraph space before set.

Experiment with different line spacings set to 'Exactly' and a font number close to the size of the character you are using.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdgib View Post
    I'm trying to create a 10" number for a banner. When I use Word 2007, as I enlarge the font, the number creeps down the page
    Is there an unseen header taking up room at the top of your page?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lockton View Post
    You need to check the paragraph line spacing. If this is set to 'Single' then the line is taller than it needs to be. Word considers a single line height to be about 110% of the font size. This can become very pronounced when your font size is huge. Also check you don't have paragraph space before set.

Experiment with different line spacings set to 'Exactly' and a font number close to the size of the character you are using.
    That worked, Andrew! Thanks!!