Thread: Today's Phish

Thanks

Today's Phish

Ever see a phishing message that's just a little too blatant? This quarantined message includes an HTML attachment named with a double file extension to appear to be a PDF attachment (to fool people who fail to change the default setting to hide file extensions). For Outlook users, the page should open in the restricted sites zone with scripting disabled, but some Outlook users may have changed their email security setting to open in the Internet zone (do NOT do that!). Webmail users are less protected. The page appears to be a Paypal page, but there is an obfuscated script that injects a different destination for the form. Presumably then only bad things can happen...
    Attached Images Attached Images

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Interesting and good info. Even before that, the dead giveaway is that the salutation says "Dear PayPal Member". Legitimate e-mails use your registered name. Of course a lot of people don't know that either.
    Chuck

Thanks
    I am sure we are all getting tired of this. Unfortunately no matter how many times we say don't, many people believe this stuff and get duped. I have repeatedly told my mother to ignore and delete these. At least she sends me stuff to "check out" now rather than just doing it. I keep telling her "NO ONE that is legitimate WILL EVER ask you to verify your account info in an email, NO ONE"
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I have been getting similar ones lately also.
    It seems they stop for awhile they start again...

You're right Ted, some people can't resist opening them...
    I guess that's why they keep sending out these things because they know someone will eventually open one and get screwed..
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"