I have a couple of questions.

First is my work recently upgraded to Outlook 2007 from 2003. This occured about 2-3 months ago. I had previously been using CDO to send emails via other office applications primarily Excel. As of last Friday, I can no longer use CDO with out getting and error indicating the "The transport failed to connect to the server." I have verified that the SMTP server is still the same and there are no errors for authentication. Previously I had not needed to provided authentication but tried it just to be sure it wasn't the problem. I also tried adjusting the port from 25 to 465 and I also saw somewhere to try port 26. None of this worked. I looked in my references and noticed my CDO reference was gone. Not MISSING, just gone. I found the CDO.dll file and created a new reference to the file. I still get the same error. I even tried downloading the version Microsoft provides but still not able to resolve this issue. The first question is if anybody has any solutions to this. I was using outlook 2007 for about 2-3 months and able to use CDO. Now I can't. suppose a firewall issue is possible, but not sure what to check with our IT people about on this. Any suggestions on why the Firewall could block CDO? I'm also not sure if a change on the Exchange server could have affected this but would be curious to know if there are any theories.

2nd question is with the above CDO issue. I'm having to rely on outlook to send the emails. Since outlook 2007 does let down the object model gaurd if the antivirus status is valid. I'm curious to know if there is a way to programaticlly detect this. I'm hoping that if I can detect it, I might be able to force a group policy update on the users PC then come back and re-try sending the email. I'd like to know how to detect this with outlook VBA, so I can then apply that in other office applications.
Thanks for any help, suggestions or recommendations.

Also, if anybody has any other suggestions for sending emails from office applications that don't use CDO or outlook, I'm open to hearing those as well. Thanks again.