Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Slipstreaming SP1 Into Win 7 Installation DVD

My OS is Win 7 32 bit with SP1. I have the original installation DVD,and a copy.

How do I go about slipstreaming SP1 into the DVD?

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
    Roy

Thanks
    Hi Roy,

A Google search can turn up many hits on this subject. Slipstreaming SP1 into the Windows 7 Installation DVD is not supported, but some have successfully done so. I have slipstreamed service packs in XP, and have been able to use OEM XP install CDs to do so. It is my understanding that a full retail Windows 7 DVD is necessary to slipstream SP1, but others may have more information on that at this time.

Check out this SevenForums thread on the subject. It contains links, one of which is a SevenForums tutorial on slipstreaming Windows 7 SP1.

Here is a SuperUser link on the subject.

Here is yet another guide to look at.

Let us know if you successfully slipstream SP1.

Thanks
    I was checking out this idea of slipstreaming SP1 and decided that I prefer creating Images over the time to slipstream. The site I read showed a very involved routine and I just do not have the time when an Image or Clone will get me where I want to be in a faster time frame.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

RT7Lite

I used RT7Lite to accomplish the task. Just make sure you download the correct version as there is a 32 bit and 64 bit version.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions.On reflection I have decided against trying to carry out the slipstreaming procedure, and will rely on system images instead,mainly because if my understanding is correct if I made a Win 7 Dvd with SP1 I would not be able to use it for a repair install.

Regards,
    Roy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by royw View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions.On reflection I have decided against trying to carry out the slipstreaming procedure, and will rely on system images instead,mainly because if my understanding is correct if I made a Win 7 Dvd with SP1 I would not be able to use it for a repair install.
    As long as SP1 is integrated correctly, you should be able to perform a repair install or complete reinstall. Just be aware that there is no Microsoft officially supported way to slipstream SP1. That does not mean it won't work. It just means that if you have a problem Microsoft won't help.

Joe