Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question Spam sent from me?

I found myself on the other end of this. People are receiving emails from me with bad links. I've run my scans with Norton Security Suite, but nothing has been found. The emails don't show up in my SENT folder. I've changed my email password, but I continue to receive 'UNDELIVERABLE' returns from the emails that went to bad addresses. This says to me that emails are still going out.

Anything I can do about this now?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    I've moved this to its own thread. Please do not hijack a thread. It quickly becomes very difficult to keep things straight. Start a new one yourself.

Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    This does not necessarily mean your account has been compromised. If someone who has your email address has been infected then your email address could be harvested. It is trivially easy to make it look as though an email came from you. A spammer can then bombard others. There is virtually nothing you can do about it other than deal with the NDRs.

Joe

Thanks
    The scenario of someone forging your address as the from/return address, as Joe describes, is the most likely. However, you might want to go ahead and change the password on your email account just in case it has been compromised.