Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cannot create Windows 7 repair disk, Error 0x80070057

If I try to create a system repair disk, I get an error message: "Parameter is not correct (0x80070057)" and cannot create the repair CD. There are dozens of Google hits on this problem (including obvious malware downloads!). Unfortunately, there are no solutions that don't involve having a retail install CD. Even those are quite convoluted and don't work for everyone. My install was from a direct download from MS.

Any suggestions?

Windows 7 Ultimate properly activated on Panasonic W8 laptop.

Thanks
    I have to say the direct down load was in the form of an,ISO?Here is a FREE program that will burn a cd for you;http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The problem is not burning the CD, which I can easily do. It's creating a repair disk image in the first place. I assume the repair disk would include the drivers on my laptop, which are not all on the original Win 7 install package. Also, given the difficulty and uncertainty of the fixes I found, I'm really hoping that someone has come up with a solution to the basic problem so many people seem to be having.