New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't install Adobe Flash Player 10.2.153.1

Recent ADF updates have messed up my computer, causing system errors, losing sound, interfering with browser [FireFox], etc. I have followed instructions for removing AFP, for reinstalling it, and the problems recur. I have allowed the AFP systray icon to perform the update [then uninstalled it]; the Secunia PSI , which was reporting my version as insecure, toolbox to update AFP [and then uninstalled it]; and also manually updated and uninstalled again.

Whenever I try to install, I get a "Windows - No Disk error". I have to use TaskManager to end the error message and the stalled/unresponsivle installation process.

Now I haven't had a flash player for over a week, and some [legitimate] sites require it to display any content or move past the opening flash page.

Any suggestions on how I can successfully install the current version? Or are there other flash player options?

Thanks
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Consider trying Chrome as your browser. Chrome comes with built-in Flash. Current version of Flash built-in to Chrome is 10,2,154,25.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Installing Adobe Flash

Quote Originally Posted by MJ2 View Post
    Recent ADF updates have messed up my computer, causing system errors, losing sound, interfering with browser [FireFox], etc. I have followed instructions for removing AFP, for reinstalling it, and the problems recur. I have allowed the AFP systray icon to perform the update [then uninstalled it]; the Secunia PSI , which was reporting my version as insecure, toolbox to update AFP [and then uninstalled it]; and also manually updated and uninstalled again.

Whenever I try to install, I get a "Windows - No Disk error". I have to use TaskManager to end the error message and the stalled/unresponsivle installation process.

Now I haven't had a flash player for over a week, and some [legitimate] sites require it to display any content or move past the opening flash page.

Any suggestions on how I can successfully install the current version? Or are there other flash player options?
    My problem surfaced when I ran PSI to identify security problems. It identified my Flash. I used PSI to download the update, but that did not work. I used the Adobe Flash remover and then installed the new version. PSI still reported a no go.

Looking in
    c:windows/system32/macromed/flash
    I found these two files, Flash10n.ocx and Flash10o.ocx.
    And the first one was causing PSI to report a vulnerablity. I used a special killer program from Malwarebytes to remove the first one because it was not going to leave from any ordinary delete method. Reran PSI and it passed the security test. And Flash appears to be working with IE8 on my XP machine because my chess program runs on it.

So my advice is:
    1 Run Revo and unintall Flash and all its brethren.
    2 Check out c:windows/system32/macromed/flash and record, then remove any remaining dll and ocx files.
    3 Go to Adobe and install new Flash
    4 Go back to c:windows/system32/macromed/flash and make sure nothing recorded in step 2 snuck back in.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have had a condition on a few computer where could not install Flash. Found out it was a permissions issue with some flash files whereas the couldn't be updated/removed/installed. Ended up running a permissions script to reset everything, then proceeded with the updates/etc.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/494/cpsid_49419.html

might help to try this.