Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    FF is fast becoming the new Chrome with updates!
    most likely when Firefox reaches 7.0. FF6 final is scheduled to be released in late August and FF7 will be in beta stage by then.

Thanks
    My guess is that if one could find the "real" reason it would be "marketing".
    Version 4-something just sounds so old compared to version 10 something. WAJ
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    If that is the only site for which you need Firefox 3.6, you could use the portable version: http://portableapps.com/apps/interne...ation#legacy36

Note: I assumed you run Windows. Not sure how best to get portable Firefox for other operating systems.
    Thanks for the suggestion. The Citrix site is corporate access for home use or travel and is actually "tuned" for IE 7 or later, so I just use that. Just annoying that I have to use MS instead of FF when the past version worked great. And yes, I'm using Windows.

Phil

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    "FF really ticked me off when they took the tool bar icons and spread them out across the screen.
    I found a neat way to put them back together on the left side of the screen like they used to be. cheeech!"

That REALLY annoyed me too, made the thing look just like Chrome which you really can't customize at all. I like my File Edit etc. menu and USE it from time to time, not available in Chrome, but you can customize the FF look to put your home and refresh buttons back where they belong. I really hope they never take that ability, or functionality away, they'll end up losing loyal customers. And I did get a kick out of reading Mozilla is abandoning enterprise customers, which is true, my organization, 10,000 plus, stayed with IE 6 until last fall because of the difficulty in making old applications work with new browsers and they flat out refuse to use FF for the same reason, and now, have even more reason given that new versions are coming out far faster than organizations can test applications against them. I don't what they're thinking over there. Or maybe it is that they are not thinking... :^)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by genej313 View Post
    And I did get a kick out of reading Mozilla is abandoning enterprise customers, which is true, my organization, 10,000 plus, stayed with IE 6 until last fall because of the difficulty in making old applications work with new browsers and they flat out refuse to use FF for the same reason, and now, have even more reason given that new versions are coming out far faster than organizations can test applications against them. I don't what they're thinking over there. Or maybe it is that they are not thinking... :^)
    There is now a Mozilla Enterprise User Working Group: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Enterprise. Not sure that's going to help with an organization your size.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I've always thought the reason for the fast releases was to catch up to IE9 in terms of numbers. For the non-computer savvy masses, IE9 may sound newer and better than FF4 or FF5.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by infael View Post
    I've always thought the reason for the fast releases was to catch up to IE9 in terms of numbers. For the non-computer savvy masses, IE9 may sound newer and better than FF4 or FF5.
    Version numbers mean nothing, user numbers do.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12