New Lounger
    Thanks

Do items pinned to Taskbar take up space?

I know that having too many desktop shortcuts can take up memory, but I wonder if items that I "Pin to Taskbar" also use up memory? I love this Windows 7 feature and have about 13 programs pinned to the taskbar. Should I try to have as few as possible in the taskbar? I use the Quick Launch feature in Word to quickly locate recent Word docs and also like this feature. ec

Thanks
    I do not believe the apps pinned are taking any memory until such time as you start them running. Unless a thumbnail pops up when you hover your cursor over the icon, then it is not running.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

ellenc (2011-04-09)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have apps pinned to my task bar and I also have the old "quick launch" toolbar enabled. I usually add an app to the task bar if it can take advantage of the jump lists. If I can't make use of a jump list for a particular app then it goes into the quick launch toolbar.

I use the Quick Launch feature in Word to quickly locate recent Word docs
    I think you mean jump lists (not Quick Launch). And I agree, this is one of my favorite features. I must have a dozen documents permanently pinned to the jump list.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you

cafed00d: Sorry to clutter your inbox, but I don't how else to thank you for your helpful reply other through this reply. Is there a way to reply directly to a member for their thread replies and not clutter up the Lounge answers? ellenc

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ellenc View Post
    cafed00d: Sorry to clutter your inbox, but I don't how else to thank you for your helpful reply other through this reply. Is there a way to reply directly to a member for their thread replies and not clutter up the Lounge answers? ellenc
    It is better for the community for you to respond in these public forums. That way we all can benefit from the exchange.

Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ellenc View Post
    I know that having too many desktop shortcuts can take up memory, but I wonder if items that I "Pin to Taskbar" also use up memory? I love this Windows 7 feature and have about 13 programs pinned to the taskbar. Should I try to have as few as possible in the taskbar? I use the Quick Launch feature in Word to quickly locate recent Word docs and also like this feature. ec
    Does a book on the shelf in the kitchen take up less space than when in the library?
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(