New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't delete empty folder from start menu in Win7Pro

Only user of this computer...enabled built in administrator. Have an empty program folder in the Start menu that i can't get access to so I can delete this EMPTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!folder. Win7 is the biggest piece of....Sorry, I digress.

Can't sort the start menu so that the folders shoe up before the software icons.

I am so sick of WIndows 7 UAC and permissions and ownership...I just want to manage MY files on MY computer that is not networked in any fashion. AAAAAAAAAAAGH!

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    So just turn UAC off. Win 7 is set up to allow the masses to enjoy increased security while using an OS that I believe has a much friendlier UI than any previous versions. Take a few minutes to read some of the tips and tricks on the various sites all over the web. I have included a few succh sites:

How To Geek

Paul Thurrotts Win 7 Supersite

Windows Seven Forums Tutorials

Permissions and ownership is also set up to allow the masses to use the OS without worrying about security. Many of the tips suggested in the above sites will help you to take control of your OS. Obviously being more of a power user involves tweaking the OS to work the way you want it, but since Win 7 is the fastest selling OS ever, it needs to work for the masses, and these masses are not power users.

Another tweaking app is Ultimate Windows Tweaker by the Windows Club. This is the old TweakUI on steroids.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I agree that windows 7 was for the mass people, but i feel like there was some process running in background from that folder which may have stopped him from deleting that folder, if he was in the administrator mode else it was like you stated earlier.