4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macros won't record

Hi loungers...not sure where to post this, but hope this will be OK...normally, when I record a macro, it shows it by name in the workbook (when I click TOOLS-MACRO (and display my macros).....now, inexplicably, it no longer shows the macro by name (eg:Reformat_worksheet)......it shows it using the name of the file....and, if I go to record a macro, I get a message saying that "Unable to record"...and yet it seems as if it recording.....when I check the macros, it is not there by name--it is shown using the name of the Excel file ....any ideas as to what os going on? Thanks...

Thanks
    You should see the workbook name if the macro is not in the active workbook, or if there is a name conflict and there needs to be some differentiation between them.
    Which version of Excel are you using?
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Rory...that's exactly what I was seeing....it seems that the problem was that I had started to create some VBA stuff (worksheet change events etc) but hadn't completed entering the code...not sure why that might impact things, but as soon as I finished with that, all of a sudden, everything was back to normal (whew..)....might be time for be to move to Win 7 and MS Office 2007 or 2010...)....thanks for your interest...as far as I am concerned, there is no need to keep this thread active but I leave that to the moderator(s).