New Lounger
    Thanks

Patches selected for download disappeared

I selected and started the download of a set of critical patches today, based on the WS patches skip/wait/install table, and that's the last I've seen of them. I never got any messages, when hovering over the yellow shield, that a download was in progress. When I clicked on the shield, I got (as expected) the list of patches I had not selected. I waited for an hour and a half, and never got a message saying my selected patches were ready for installation, or saw the "patches" shield on my Turn Off icon. I finally rebooted, but the patches are still MIA after a good 3 hours (and they did not show up on the list offered patches). My Windows Update is set to notify but do not download/install.

Thanks
    Hi Berlioz300,

For whatever reason, today I had much the same experience in waiting on XP Automatic Update to download the updates I selected, and they never appeared!

I browsed to Windows Update web site and manually selected all the updates I wanted to install at this time, and all installed fine. You might want to do the same.

I rarely use my XP desktop anymore, so it has not concerned me, but if it happens again, I might do a little digging.

Thanks
    That also happened to me yesterday on my XP.

I just did a manual update to get them...

Like you Deadye, I rarely use XP except to run a few programs that W7 wont run...
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The lost are found. I had my machine on for a good five hours yesterday after I made the initial post, and nothing. But all the patches showed up this morning, so this may just be an instance of too many machines trying to download too many patches at once. Now I get to work all the patches for my wife's XP and my Windows 7 machines.