New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook will not open Hyperlinks without a double click

Hi,

This started when I uninstalled Google Chrome, (I think). I had to change the registry options to get it "authorized". What seems to be a left over artifact is when I click on a hyperlink in Outlook, it goes to my homepage. If I double click on the hyperlink, it opens two tabs in IE, one being my homepage and the other the desired link. This only happens in Outlook.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Last edited by Ghostie; 2011-04-17 at 18:10.

Thanks
    What version of Windows are you running?

Does this happen only when Chrome is completely closed?

Generally speaking, when a browser makes itself the default, it will write to the registry the command line parameters necessary to make external links work correctly. It appears that there is something just a little bit wrong with your registry settings.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate. When I saw that Chrome was intalled, I unintalled it, but not being able to fix this problem, I reinstalled it but nothing changed.
    This happens when Chrome is closed and I use I.E. as it is my default browser.
    I suspect you are correct on the registry, but I can't seem to find any other instances of this exact problem discussed anywhere.
    Last edited by Ghostie; 2011-04-23 at 11:58.