5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Update Office 2007 ?

Hello.

I do all the Updates religiously, I got trown a fancy one this last few days, I was offered updates to Office 2007 ???
    I run a G41 Thinkpad ( XPP-SP3 ) and it is loaded with Office 2003. Why would I be offered the updates to 2007 ? I got curious and accepted the three of them and lo&behold, they installed ! I could not find any folder in C:\ where that would be and in spite of this, the machine runs fine and so does the O-2003. Where are these updates installed to ??? C:\ is all one partition on HDD.

A curious mind would like to know. H36

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You may have Office viewers installed. The viewers are used to open files in Office 2003 that are/were made in newer versions of Office.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Rebel & tfspry.
    Thanks for your comeback. My problem, which it is not, is that I have O-2003 and never updated to O-2007, which is the reverse of what I read in the link from Rebel. I would like to know where it install in my Thinkpad as out of curiosity, I let it install; I have not found any leader to where it is, nor any bad result.
    From now on, I will "hide" any O-2007 update as they are obviously not required. I got this G41 Thinkpad from an office worker and he had it all loaded to the hilt from IBM, it came with so many apps, huge screen too. Nice machine if a bit obsolete, will not run W-7 but XPP is great still.
    You two have a great day. Jean.