New Lounger
    Thanks

Filtering to inculde multiple rows

I only know the basics so bare with me!

I have a spreadsheet that I have auto-filtered BUT each project listed has multiple rows involved and some cells for each project are merged so when I try to filter for data from a merged field only the 1st row shows up for that project. Is there anyway to include all rows for that project when a column is filtered?

Does that make sense at all??

Thanks
    I can't seem to reproduce the problem. When I autofilter the rows stay the width they have when unfiltered and even merged ones stay together.

Could you post an example file demonstrating the problem?

Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks

Spreadsheet attached

Okay I have attached a smaller version of the spreadsheet. See how there are two projects, 6141 & 6533 and there is an officer for each one. When I want to filter the officer to bring up all of that persons projects it only gives me the first row of each project. I want see all the rows related to that project. And if I want to filter for all SQW - Greean Army projects it gives me no rows.

Hope that makes it clearer!

BG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    That is because you have 6141 in only 1 cell, not in all the cells, so XL dutifully does exactly what you ask.

I think you will need to add another column which includes all the values (it can be outside a print range if desired). If you insert (for example) a new column A, in A4 you can enter:
    =IF(D4="",A3,D4)

And autofill this down the column. Then you can filter the App No, by using Column A since it has App no in all the rows, not just in the first one...

Steve