Lounger
    Thanks

Where do I find the weekly Patch Watch chart?

Hi all - I am a paid subscriber to the newsletter and find Susan Bradley's Patch column a great asset (along with the other columns, of course!). My question, and perhaps I'm confused on this.....I thought that each week there would be an update to the Patch chart. Is this the case and if so, WHERE do I find it within this site? Last week, in the newsletter, Susan made reference to a link to go to the chart - but I didn't seem to have the link. I posted the question here and was directed to the chart. I hate to have to do this weekly - so am I just not looking in the correct place for this? Thanks so much for your help!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    The Patch Watch column is published after the MONTHLY Microsoft Patch Tuesday. If there is some urgent issue in between patch Tuesdays a special column may be written. The summary of patches will be in the column or there will be a link to this forum at the end of the column (as was the case this month - see the link in the Feedback Welcome paragraph.).

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There's two patch Tuesdays - one is the second Tuesday and is the security patch Tuesday, the other is the end of the month cleanup on the 4th Tuesday.
    Of course then there's SharePoint update that came out on the third Tuesday this month and didn't play by the rules. There's an upcoming Patch Watch next week.

New Lounger
    Thanks

How About a Permanent Link?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    The Patch Watch column is published after the MONTHLY Microsoft Patch Tuesday. If there is some urgent issue in between patch Tuesdays a special column may be written. The summary of patches will be in the column or there will be a link to this forum at the end of the column (as was the case this month - see the link in the Feedback Welcome paragraph.).

Joe
    Joe,
    With Susan's List being such a valuable asset -- and thanks to her terrific devotion, virtually evergreen -- would it not be appropriate to establish a permanent link to the most current version? I know this can be done, since the Intel Developers' Fortran Forum does so with items that are of permanent interest.

Thanks for all your dedication, and Happy Easter!
    God bless!
    Jack

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jackosullivan For This Useful Post:

bar10dr (2011-06-30),bradam (2011-04-24),haigster (2011-09-14),PamKoryn (2011-04-26),Robin4Ascii (2011-06-23)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jackosullivan View Post
    Joe,
    With Susan's List being such a valuable asset -- and thanks to her terrific devotion, virtually evergreen -- would it not be appropriate to establish a permanent link to the most current version? I know this can be done, since the Intel Developers' Fortran Forum does so with items that are of permanent interest.
    Jack
    That would be up to the admins. The Patch Watch column is part of the paid subscription. It is the place where the latest list is normally posted. As was stated a couple months ago, when the list is particularly long it will be posted in the Lounge with a link to the list in the column.

Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    I second the suggestion for a permanent link to such useful information!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PamKoryn View Post
    I second the suggestion for a permanent link to such useful information!
    I am also a paid subscriber and I agree, a permanent link would be very helpful!