2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Prints in different colors

I have a brother mfc 9440CN on my network. When I print from the xp computer I get a different color, better contrast, than when I print from Windows 7. I downloaded the last driver as far as I know. The software on the xp machine is brothers own. the software on the win7 machine came from brother but comes up like windows wqhl or whatever it's called. Brother, as usual, is of little help.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Are you trying to print photos, or just color documents? Part of the issue is that you are using an all-in-one printer, which is a jack of all trades, master of none. Moreover, Brother evidently doesn't feel that consistency is important. You'd get more consistent results by using a dedicated color printer from someone like Canon, HP, or Epson. Even then, without calibration, and creating .icc profiles for each PC and operating system, they will not print exactly the same.
    Chuck

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you. I'll look up icc profiles and see if I can figure out a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
    Are you trying to print photos, or just color documents? Part of the issue is that you are using an all-in-one printer, which is a jack of all trades, master of none. Moreover, Brother evidently doesn't feel that consistency is important. You'd get more consistent results by using a dedicated color printer from someone like Canon, HP, or Epson. Even then, without calibration, and creating .icc profiles for each PC and operating system, they will not print exactly the same.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You're welcome. But I have to say, that I think you may be in for more work than its worth. Let us know what you find though!
    Chuck

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I agree with doc a dedicated printer will be a bit more costly but if quality is important to you, there is no comparison to what you will get from a dedicated color printer. Just FYI, I recently bought an HP 2025dn for like $400. It is very fast, the color quality is outstanding, The down side; the toner carts cost more than the printer! They do last a while though, can't say how many pages but as usual ymmv